Executive Director Victoria
ONCALL Group Australia
Building the relationship between SDA providers, SIL providers and participants.
ONCALL Group Australia delivers Supported Independent Living in Victoria and Queensland, in collaboration with a number of Specialist Disability Accommodation and other property providers. In a growing service, ONCALL experiences challenges relating to:
- engaging with people on future housing choices to minimise vacancy,
- balancing competing interests for multiple occupancy properties (such as occupancy rights, resident safety and choice and control); and
- maintaining services that support people to live as independently, but is also financially sustainable.
To effectively manage these challenges, ONCALL carefully selects SDA providers, and continually works closely with all stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes to people with disability.
In ONCALL’s experience, the relationship between SIL providers and SDA providers requires a strong foundation of:
- Common values;
- Clear roles and responsibilities;
- Well communicated process (with timelines); and,
- Balanced compliance with property, commercial and NDIS requirements.
Laura will share practical examples and describe what it takes to create good options for residents supported by ONCALL and SDA partners – and how to problem solve along the way.
Laura Green is Executive Director Victoria at ONCALL Group Australia, a registered NDIS and child, youth and family providers with services in Victoria and Queensland.
Laura is an experienced disability service professional commencing in the sector over 18 years ago and has worked in non-government, government and consulting in areas including disability service design, housing options planning, community education and commissioning. Laura has significant knowledge and experience in the National Disability Insurance Scheme and was a foundation staff member of the National Disability Insurance Agency. Prior to ONCALL, Laura worked for KPMG where she consulted to Government, Providers and Investors. Laura was a key contributor to the Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) Pricing and Payments Framework Review.