Equal Access Group
Developing desirable and in demand SDA
Have you wondered why SDA property matching websites like Housing Hub and Nest have so many unleased homes or rooms?
Have you looked at the design and quality of those homes and their suitability for participants?
I will examine all of these elements that go into creating a successful SDA and provide recommendations on how you can maximise your investment by making your SDA more desirable and, more importantly, in demand than other SDAs available on the market. After all, you only receive payments when you have participants living in it, so reducing the vacancy time
Areas I will discuss include:
- Location, Location, Location,
- Single occupancy vs shared occupancy
- Home automation,
- Quality of finishes and fittings
- Access to external spaces and common areas.
As one of the three co-authors that developed the new NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation Design Standard and an Accredited SDA Assessor, Bruce Bromley is well placed to present to investors, developers, property managers including not for profits on the technical aspects of the new SDA requirements.
Training sessions can also be delivered to building design teams, including architects and building designers, to interpret and apply the design standards to developments.
Presentations can be tailored to suit the specific audience and range from a 60-minute overview to a half-day technical training workshop.
All enquiries for presentations can be made on our contact us form and an outline on the target audience and time frame expected. We will then respond with availability and quotation, thank you.
- Accredited SDA Assessor, Registration Number SDA00002
- Accredited Livable Housing Assessor, Registration Number: LHA10002
- Accredited Disability Access Consultant | Association of Consultants in Access Australia, Inc.
MN 187: Advisory, Auditing and Design
- Co-author of the NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) Design Standard
- Lead Author, Changing Place Design Standard & Accredited Changing Places assessor CP002
- Member Standards Australia development committee FP-017 Emergency Management Planning – Facilities (AS 3745)
- Member, Global Alliance on Accessible Technologies and Environments (GAATES)
- Certificate of Technology – Architectural Drafting
- Registered Building Practitioner. DP-AD 27678